Earth Day Art Challenge


Untitled soft pastel on Fabriano Paper 80 x 80cms 

What better way to start blogging here again than to rejoin my old friends in a classic Drawing Challenge.  Using pastels in some recent drawings has reconnected me to the pigment heavy dust that can be smudged, drawn, dampened, sprayed onto paper to create wonderful colour rich pictures.

"yellow roses for mother's day" 60 x 60cms soft pastel on Fabriano paper
Spring has been an inspiring time of year so far.  I am so deeply affected by light and colour, that working in my new living room/studio space which looks out onto a wide and high sky over the Valleys and across from the Brecon Beacons National Park, is going to continue to inspire me.  My work has taken a new direction - more open, gestural and grounded in emotional response.  

Responding always to my environment - I wish you all a very happy Earth Day!

Comments

Tammie Lee said…
These are lovely. Light and airy, colors that I feel attracted to.

Your work space sounds wonderful! My cabin is so small that my work space tends to be on the couch.

Lovely spring to you!

Popular Posts